Back to School Snacks!
When a snack attack strikes, refuel with these nutrition-packed snacks.
1. Blend low-fat milk, frozen strawberries and a banana for thirty seconds for a delicious smoothie.
2. Make a mini-sandwich with tuna or egg salad on a dinner roll.
3. Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla; fold in half and microwave for twenty seconds. Top with salsa.
4. Toss dried cranberries and chopped walnuts in instant oatmeal.
5. Mix together peanut butter and cornflakes in a bowl. Shape into balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
6. Microwave a cup of tomato or vegetable soup and enjoy with whole grain crackers.
7. Fill a waffle cone with cut-up fruit and top with low-fat vanilla yogurt.
8. Sprinkle grated Parmesan Cheese on hot popcorn.
9. Banana Split: Top a banana with low-fat vanilla and strawberry frozen yogurt. Sprinkle with your favorite whole-grain cereal.
10. Sandwich Cut-Outs: Make a sandwich on whole grain bread. Cut out your favorite shape using a big cookie cutter. Eat the fun shape and the edges, too!
Courtesy of the American Dietetic Association (www.eatright.org.), the largest organization of food and nutrition professionals.